Whole lesson power point presentation and Handout on Talking about what you did on the last day of vacation; Using the preterit tense of regular ER and IR verbs and Ir as well as sequencers.
Lesson activities include:
- Introducing key ER and IR verbs which will be used in the lesson. Students translate them into English.
- Recapping Preterit tense conjugations, particularly for ER and IR verbs. Students then conjugate a series of verbs in the first person singular (I)
- Reading task – students read a series of sentences which use conjugated verbs from the previous exercise. They match them to the correct pictures
- Listening task – Students listen to six people talking about what they did on the last day of their vacation. They match what they hear to the correct pictures
- Reading translation task – Students translate the sentences with expressions about the last day of vacation
- Speaking task – Working in pairs, students say what they did on the last day of vacation. Their partner adds a phrase with each go
- Listening task – students listen to four people talking about what they did on the last day of vacation, morning and afternoon. They fill in a table with the details in English.
- Reading task – Students read three texts where James Bond, Zorro and Dracula talk about what they did on their last day of vacation. They find a series of phrases in Spanish which correspond to the given English
- Reading comprehension task – Students re-read the texts and answer a series of questions about who did what
- Writing task – Students write a detailed paragraph about their last day of vacation. Sentence starters are provided as well as conjunctions and sequencers
Suitable for elementary and middle school. The lesson is planned in detail to ensure pace and interaction as well as maximize learning. The answers come up as you click. Based on the Viva 2 Course.
In order to print the handout ‘student friendly’ click:
On the Full Page Slides box click on the drop down arrow. Select 2 slides and tick Scale to Fit Paper(unless already ticked). If the Frame Slides option is ticked, untick it.
On the Print One Sided box click on the drop down arrow and select Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge).