Want to use music in your classroom to teach and practice Spanish but not sure where to start?
This packet uses the song "Wrecking Ball" that has the lyrics in Spanish. The song will be familiar to your students, and will increase engagement.
This packet gives the students opportunity to learn new vocabulary, create phrases, translate the song, has a listening activity, a day-after quiz, and even an extra fun activity that allows students to create their own wrecking ball song by putting in funny new words.
Music has been proven to be one of the best ways to learn a new language. Students have extremely high engagement and participation when music can be used for learning. This also is a great way to introduce NEW vocabulary and reinforce old vocabulary. Win for the students and teacher.
This music packets uses the music video "Wrecking Ball" by Katanah. This packet require NO PREP on your part. The only suggestion would be to simply watch the music video once before handing out the packets.
Here is the link to the music video:
This packet includes vocabulary, vocabulary expressions, activities for students to do on their own learning & reinforcing the old vocabulary, fill in the blank lyric activities, and total song translation at the end.
Below is my personal suggestion of how I teach this lesson:
1. Hand out the packets to your students and have them complete Part A which is random vocabulary fill-out. They will probably know MOST of these words and this only reinforces the vocab. There will be a few new words.
2. After doing Part A, they may now move into Part B which is vocabulary expressions using 2 or more of the words from the top. This is great practice of putting the words together to form phrases. They can do this alone or with a partner/group.
3. After doing Part A & Part B, now play the music video but DON'T let them actually SEE the video. Freeze your screen. The music video has the lyrics in written Spanish. Just have them LISTEN, that's all!
4. Next, have them turn to the fill-in-the-lyrics section. They will once again JUST listen and fill in the missing words.
5. Finally, they may watch the full video. They will be singing along at this point and will enjoy this music video.
6. Lastly, they can fill out the Total Translation of the song.
EXTRA ACTIVITIES ATTACHED:
Quiz for day after
Crazy Lyric Creation (students get to create their own "wrecking ball" & place in new lyrics.
Feel free to do this music activity packet to fit the interests and style of your teaching and students. Above is only suggestions of how I personally do this.
This is an editable packet also.
As always, please message me if you have any questions.