Start the year off right in your Spanish language classroom with these NO PREP PRINTABLES. This unit includes a wide variety of activities to use in the month of January.
1. Blank Calendar: Students write the days of the week in Spanish on the blank calendar. Then, they will write the numbers for the dates.
2. January Questions (2 pages): Students will answer a variety of different questions about the month of January.
¿Cuántos días hay en el mes de enero?
¿Cuándo se celebra el Día de los Reyes Magos? Apúntalo en el calendario.
¿Cuál mes viene antes de enero?
¿Cuáles son tus propósitos para el año nuevo?
¿Cuáles personas tienen sus cumpleaños en el mes de enero?
3. Mingle Activity Level 1: Find Someone Who….(ir + infinitive)
Students will get out of their chairs and walk around during this mingle activity. They will ask each other the questions indicated in each of the boxes on the worksheet.
Student A: ¿Vas a ir a las montañas este fin de semana?
Student B: Sí, voy a ir a las montañas.
Student B: No, no voy a ir a las montañas.
-When a student finds someone who is going to do that activity, have that person write his or her name in the box.
-The first student with the most signatures wins the game.
4. Mingle Activity Level 2: Find Someone Who….(Past Tense)
This is the same mingle activity, but at a higher level of difficulty. Now, the students will need to ask and answer the questions in the past tense.
5. Information Gap for January Level 1: (ir + infinitive)
This is a partner activity in which students are trying to fill in the activities for the month of January. Student A and Student B receive a calendar, but their calendars have different information. Students will have to ask and answer questions in Spanish. Questions have been provided for the students in the target languages. Students can choose to take turns asking questions or have one person ask all the questions then the other.
Note for the teacher: When making copies, I usually make Student A’s worksheet on one color (i.e. yellow) and Student B’s worksheet on a different color (i.e. blue). This helps so much when passing out the papers.
6. Information Gap for January Level 2: (Past Tense)
7. Mis Propósitos para el Año Nuevo: Students will put a check in each box next to the activities they are going to do this year. Then, they will write a sentence for each one using the grammatical structure “ir + infinitive”.
8. Sopa de Letras: Translate and Find
9. Word Art Worksheet: This worksheet can be used to review vocabulary words related to January activities. Students should be encouraged to color and decorate the vocabulary words. It is very beneficial for second language learners to use new vocabulary words in a variety of different ways. You could also encourage students to create their own word art projects using vocabulary words from this unit.
MORE SPANISH RESOURCES:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺