Spanish Pets Unit for Kids: Digital, Printable Activities for Pets and Family
What educators are saying
Learn all about pets (mascotas) with this comprehensible Spanish unit for kids!
This is part of my popular . See an outline of my curriculum or download a sample mini-unit.
In this unit, you'll get a unit outline and lesson ideas, stories, and tons of hands-on activities for providing rich language in context to young Spanish learners.
Here's what's included in your purchase:
- Teacher's Guide with Lesson Outlines and Activity Suggestions
- 8 Mini-Books with QR Codes that link to Audio (narrated by a native speaker)
- 50+ Pages of Printables
- 4 Videos with Fun Comprehensible Stories (narrated by a native speaker) and available as PDFs for the teachers to narrate
- 6 Videos for Learning about Pets (narrated by a native speaker) and available as PDFs for the teachers to narrate
- 2 Videos with Unit Vocabulary
- Set of Boom Cards
- QR Codes for Easy Parents Access to Videos and Audio Content
This units is designed to provide a hands-on, movement-rich, and story-based experience that emphasizes language in context.
It is adaptable for classes, small groups, and homeschoolers, and is also easily adaptable for distance learning as well!
**I estimate that this unit will last 3+ months, for Early Elementary classes meeting 1-2x per week for 30 minutes. Obviously, this will vary depending on how often you meet and for how long.
Core vocabulary for Las mascotas Unit:
- Family members
- Main pets: el gato, el perro, el pez, la tortuga, el ratón, la serpiente, el conejo, el pájaro, el caballo
- Verbs: vive, come, toma, me gusta, duerme, quiero, tengo, se cae, salta, corre, camina, nada, vuela, trepa, arrástrate, deslízate
- Adjectives: grande, pequeño, colores, sucio, limpio
- More pets covered: a salamandra, el hámster, la rana, la cobaya, el camaleón, la araña, la iguana
- More: el/la veterinario/a, está enfermo/a, la casa, la jaula, el tanque, el collar, el agua, la comida, la cama
la casa, vive
To know if this unit is right for you, please see the preview to see what vocabulary is included and what vocabulary it builds upon.
PreK - Elementary Spanish Boom Cards
Todo sobre mí Spanish Activities
Calendar Kit and Posters Bundle
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to
login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and
leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you
feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches: