Target the phonological process of stopping in Spanish with this versatile set of materials! This download includes:
Page 3-5: Visual aids for manner of articulation
. These include symbols for each fricative and stop, images representing the gestural cues commonly used with each sound, and the graphemes associated with each sound. They can be used for sorting and for visual support when training children to distinguish between stops and continuants. The symbols re-appear on the flashcards.
: Fricative-stop minimal pairs cards
- 16 pairs of /s/ vs. /t/
- 5 pairs of /x/ vs. /k/ and 1 pair of /x/ vs. /g/
- 4 pairs of /f/ vs. /p/ and 2 pairs of /f/ vs. /b/
Minimal pairs are less frequent in Spanish than in English, so I use this core set to train the difference between the sounds, and then transition my cues into work on other stimuli.
Pages 13-15: Identification cards
- pairs are presented together; students point to word they hear
Pages 16-18: Cariboo cards
- cut along lines to create cards that fit Cariboo Magical Treasure Hunt
Page 19: Spinners for Cariboo
- one option for fricatives only, one option for both fricatives and stops
Pages 20-27: Candy Land cards
- 60 colored cards (2 double squares and 8 single squares for each color)
- Because there are numerous versions of Candy Land, pink cards are not included. If you would like to print your pink cards on the same paper as these cards, I recommend downloading this handy free set of pink cards matching multiple game versions: Candy Land Pink Cards for 4 Different Versions
by the seller Mel D-Seusstastic.
Page 28: Progress monitoring record sheet
Thanks for stopping by my store, Naranja dulce. Please contact me with any questions or comments. ¡Saludos a tod@s!