Would you like to know the secret
to becoming a successful language learner?
Here are twelve posters which depict twelve characteristics of a “Super Language Learner”. Display these posters in your classroom, discuss them with your students, and refer to them frequently throughout the entire school year.
Encourage your students to develop these characteristics in their own lives so that they may become “Super Language Learners”.
Each poster is 8.5 times 11 inches.
∗ 12 Motivational Posters
1. Listens carefully and imitates
2. Talks around unknown words
3. Doesn’t give up
4. Has fun with the language
5. Uses cognates
6. Takes risks
7. Studies vocabulary
8. Makes mistakes
9. Participates fully
10. Looks for opportunities to practice
11. Stays in the target language
12. Travels to different cultures
∗ Partner Dictation
Level 1 in English
Level 2 in Spanish
Student A and student B will receive two different worksheets. The worksheets have different information on them. They cannot look at each other’s paper. Student A reads sentences #s1-6, and student B listens and writes what student A says. Then, they change roles. Student B reads sentences #s7-12, and student A listens and writes what student B says. When they have finished they should correct their own dictation by looking at their partner’s paper.
**Note for the teacher: When making copies, I usually make student A’s worksheet on one color paper (i.e. yellow) and student B’s worksheet on a different color paper (i.e. blue). This helps so much when passing out papers.
∗ A Super Language Learner Worksheet
Students will put a check in each box next to the activities they want to do this semester to try to improve their Spanish. Then, they will write a sentence for each one using the grammatical structure for the level they are doing.
More Spanish Products:
Spanish Conversation Boards: Getting to Know You
Spanish Verb IR Doodle Grammar
Spanish Present Tense Verbs Doodle Grammar
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so that I can create more for you. ☺