Also included in
- 21 Spanish conjugation game boards! NO prep! Just print and go! All 4 of my verb conjugation Octopus On Guard games packaged here to save you money.Students review -AR / -ER / -IR verbs in these verb tenses: present tense imperfect preterit conditional futureOctopus on Guard! The Octopus is guard$9.10$13.00Save $3.90
- Interested in creating your own bundle? It's easy! Read the instructions below!·.·•Special Order for Laura L..•·.· ★Thanks so much for creating this bundle, Laura! I hope these lessons are a big help with your classes this year!How does it work?1. Choose the products you would like to purchase.You m$24.36$32.48Save $8.12
- Interested in creating your own bundle? It's easy! Read the instructions below!·.·•Special Order for Claudia.•·.· ★Thanks so much for creating this bundle, Claudia! I hope these lessons are a big help with your classes this year!How does it work?1. Choose the products you would like to purchase.You$48.09$61.88Save $13.79
·.·•This resource is included as both ·.·•a PDF•·.· and ·.·•a PPT.•·.· in a zipped file.
Having a PPt version should make it easier to display the game boards on your Smartboard if you'd like to play a whole class game "matamoscas" style, or if you'd like to assign individual pages via your digital classroom. :)
NO prep! Just print (or display) and go!
Spanish Present Tense: AR/ER/IR verb GAME! Octopus on Guard! The Octopus is guarding her treasure and students must “pop the bubbles” in the way!
- 1 game of -AR verbs (present tense, regular verbs)
- 1 game of -ER verbs (present tense, regular verbs)
- 1 game of -IR verbs (present tense, regular verbs)
- 2 games of mixed -AR / -ER / -IR verbs (present tense, regular verbs)
- Students pair up and are armed with a marker (or highlighter or colored pencil, etc!). The teacher calls out conjugated verbs in English and the students race each other to find the correct conjugations in Spanish. When they find the correct conjugation, they “pop the bubble” by coloring it in. Whoever finds the correct conjugation first, earns a point. The student with the most points at the end wins!
- Another way to play this as a whole class is to use it as a "matamoscas" or "flyswatter" game!
“Octopus on Guard” is a great review game and motivator. This game can go quickly! It’s a great warm up activity or closer at the end of a lesson.
If you’d like it to last a little longer, consider photocopying double-sided and play “rounds.” The best 2 out of 3 rounds might win a fun prize from the teacher (an extra credit point, piece of candy, bookmark, etc.).
➠➠ Want an Editable Set of Octopus On Guard to make more games for your own classroom?? Click HERE
Enjoy! ❤️ The Stress Free Spanish Teacher
➤➤ Click here to FOLLOW ME to be alerted when a new resource has been added to my shop! ☺