This bundle includes all five of my preterite and imperfect 48-card sets at a savings of 25%
! That's 240 cards total
! These sets are ready to print, cut, and use. These task card sets each have 48 different cards
to get your students up and moving while practicing the preterite tense, the imperfect tense, and the differences between. Students will be engaged
as they complete various tasks on the included response sheets like conjugating verbs
in both tenses, filling in the blank
with the correct form of the verb in parentheses, writing sentences
from prompts given, answering true or false
questions and stating whether examples (weather, age, etc.) use preterite or imperfect. Check out the thumbnails and preview for a sampling of cards/materials included with these sets.
These cards can be printed in color and laminated for preservation, but look cute printed in gray-scale, too!
Task cards can be used in many different ways!
• Cut up and distribute around classroom (hang up on walls, scatter on desks, even hide for some extra fun). Have students go around with sheet and answer any 30 (or whatever number you want to give them). Makes for great review
before a test!
• For advanced learning or to differentiate, when students get to the fill-in-the-blank sentences, they need to write the missing verb AND why the preterite or imperfect is used with that past tense example (weather, telling time, single completed action, etc.).
• Use in conjunction with other activities during stations.
• If you have a document camera, you could show students a card and have them write answers on mini whiteboards and hold up, either individually or as a team.
• Extra five minutes left in class you hadn't planned on? Task cards always save the day! Pull out the task card set and use for a quick game, formative assessment, or rapid fire quiz for candy.
The possibilities are endless!
• Task card response sheets
• 48 Preterite Tense Task Cards set (regular verbs only)
• 48 Preterite Tense Task Cards set (regular and irregular verbs)
• 48 Imperfect Tense Task Cards set (both regular and the three irregular imperfect verbs)
• 48 Imperfect Tense Task Cards (regular verbs only)
• 48 Preterite vs. Imperfect Task Cards set (with the exception of the four obligatory verb ending cards, these task cards are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from those included with my Preterite Tense Task Cards or Imperfect Tense Task Cards sets.)
• Answer keys
Click the link below to check out the individual sets!
48 Preterite Task Cards!
48 Preterite Task Cards (Regular and Irregular Verbs)
48 Imperfect Task Cards!
48 Imperfect Tense Task Cards (REGULAR VERBS ONLY!)
48 Preterite vs. Imperfect Task Cards!
These sets are included in my Spanish Task Cards MEGA Bundle which includes ALL of my task card sets. Save 25% off the list price when you buy the GROWING bundle! Click the link to see it!
Click HERE to see the other $-saving bundles in my store for verb tenses like PRESENT, PRESENT PROGRESSIVE, FUTURE, PRETERITE, and IMPERFECT, as well as task card and game bundles!
Here are some things buyers have said about my task cards:
Teacher J.G.-I just did this activity for the first time on Thursday and I am so happy with the way it was received by the students! I allowed the students to use their notes if they wanted to, and only asked them to answer 30 out of the 48 questions in order to cut down on congestion in the room, (which is a constant issue with 32 students!) The students were engaged the entire time. I will definitely be back for some of the other tense cards!
Teacher K.G.- Thanks so much for these cards! I bought them, made them, and used them in class today already and it was a huge success. The kids loved the different style of working.
Teacher H.B.-These task cards are AMAZING!! Such a great resource and easy to use for maximum student engagement and learning.
Teacher N.D.-Excellent! Anything that gets students up and moving and learning is just my style! I posted the cards around the room randomly and hid some as well. We had a competition for the top 3 scores at the end. Students were super-engaged, didn't even realize they were working. Many even commented on how much fun they had. Thank you! :)
Teacher C.C.- These are great to post on the wall, hide under chairs, etc. and still keep students engaged in the material. An absolute must for review, warm-ups, or exit tickets!
Teacher P.J.- My students enjoy these task cards and it is a great resource for differentiation. Some students were making up seat work while others were quietly reviewing their chapter using these task cards. Some students can be allowed to use their books while more advanced students can be challenged to rely on their memory. It is flexible and students enjoy finding the cards in order and challenging themselves to complete the entire set.
Did you know you can follow my store and receive notifications when new products are posted or upcoming sales? I have lots of engaging resources in the works and new products (except bundles) are 50% off for the first 24 hours! Click the green star by my store name to follow me!
Thanks for checking out my product!
La Profe Plotts