This Spanish preterite vs. imperfect task card set has 48 different cards
to get your students up and moving while practicing the preterite tense, the imperfect tense, and when to use each of them. More than just fill in the blank cards! Students will be engaged
as they complete various tasks on the included response sheet like conjugating verbs
in both tenses, filling in the blank
with the correct preterite or imperfect form of the verb in parentheses based on their understanding of the situation, writing sentences
from prompts given, and stating whether examples (weather, age, etc.) use preterite or imperfect. Check out the thumbnails and preview for a sampling of cards/materials included with this set.
Preterite vs. Imperfect Tense Task Cards can be used in many different ways!
• Cut up and distribute around classroom (hang up on walls, scatter on desks, even hide for some extra fun). Have students go around with sheet and answer any 30 (or whatever number you want to give them). Makes for great review
before a test!
• For advanced learning or to differentiate, when students get to the fill-in-the-blank sentences, they need to write the missing verb AND why the preterite or imperfect is used with that past tense example (weather, telling time, single completed action, etc.).
• Use in conjunction with other activities during stations.
• If you have a document camera, you could show students a card and have them write answers on mini whiteboards and hold up, either individually or as a team.
• Extra five minutes left in class you hadn't planned on? Task cards always save the day! Pull out the task card set and use for a quick game, formative assessment, or rapid fire quiz for candy.
The possibilities are endless!
• Task card response sheet
• 48 different task cards that cover both regular and the three irregular imperfect verbs, regular preterite tense verbs, and their usage. With the exception of the four obligatory verb ending cards, these task cards are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from those included with my Preterite Tense Task Cards or Imperfect Tense Task Cards sets.
• Answer key
This set is included in my Spanish Task Cards MEGA Bundle which includes ALL of my task card sets. Save 25% off the list price when you buy the GROWING bundle! Click the link to see it!
Click the links below to check out all my task card sets, including the 48 Preterite Tense Task Cards set (regular verbs only), 48 Imperfect Tense Task Cards set, and 48 Imperfect Tense Task Cards (regular verbs only)! Save 25% by buying the bundle of all four past tense sets. Click HERE to see it!
48 Preterite Task Cards
48 Preterite Task Cards (Regular and Irregular Verbs)
48 Imperfect Task Cards
48 Imperfect Tense Task Cards (REGULAR VERBS ONLY)
Preterite and Imperfect Task Card Sets Bundle
48 Present Tense Task Cards (REGULAR VERBS ONLY)
48 Present Tense Task Cards (Regular -AR Verbs Only)
48 Present Tense Task Cards (Regular -ER Verbs Only)
48 Present Tense Task Cards (Regular -IR Verbs Only)
48 Present Tense Task Cards
48 Present Progressive Task Cards
48 Present Progressive Task Cards (Regular verbs only)
48 Future Tense Task Cards (REGULAR VERBS ONLY)
48 Future Tense Task Cards
48 El Verbo IR (to go) Task Cards
48 El Verbo TENER (to have) Task Cards
48 El Verbo SER (to be) Task Cards
48 El Verbo ESTAR (to be) Task Cards
48 SER vs. ESTAR Task Cards
48 El Verbo JUGAR (to play) Task Cards
48 Reflexive Verbs Task Cards
48 Spanish Telling Time Task Cards
48 Spanish House and Chores Task Cards
48 Using Present Progressive With Chores Task Cards
48 Spanish Days, Months, and Dates Task Cards
This product pairs really well with my ¡Cucharas! Spoons Game for Preterite vs. Imperfect. Click HERE to see it!
$$ This product is included in my discounted PRETERITE AND IMPERFECT TENSES MEGA BUNDLE which can be found HERE! $$
Here are some things buyers have said about my task cards:
J.G.-I just did this activity for the first time on Thursday and I am so happy with the way it was received by the students! I allowed the students to use their notes if they wanted to, and only asked them to answer 30 out of the 48 questions in order to cut down on congestion in the room, (which is a constant issue with 32 students!) The students were engaged the entire time. I will definitely be back for some of the other tense cards!
T.H. I absolutely LOVE your task cards! So many uses!!! Thank you!!!!
K.G.- Thanks so much for these cards! I bought them, made them and used them in class today already and it was a huge success. The kids loved the different style of working.
J.L.- My students liked this activity and it was a good test review!
E.M.- This was awesome and was an excellent last review before a review section over present tense in Spanish II.
C.B.- Loved this assignment, it made doing a "regular worksheet" much more fun!!
Did you know you can follow my store and receive notifications when new products are posted or upcoming sales? I have lots of engaging resources in the works and new products (except bundles) are 50% off for the first 24 hours! Click the green star by my store name to follow me!
Thanks for checking out my product!
La Profe Plotts