¡Un Rompecabezas! This is a fun Spanish word scramble and circumlocution activity to help students learn the meanings of some common regular verbs in the preterite tense.
NOTE that these are vocabulary activities, not verb conjugation exercises. Try matching with our verb games and grammar activities in our store for a complete lesson plan!
This activity is also included as part of the Regular Preterite Tense Verbs Bundle #8.. Get all the supporting activities and save 50% with this bundle.
Spanish Regular Preterite Verbs Bundle #8* Verbos del Pretérito Regular *español
Students use their critical thinking skills to unscramble the words and complete the puzzle. A follow up writing and speaking activity practices additional verbs that follow this pattern.
* Word scrambles and secret word puzzle to practice the meaning of some regular preterit verbs. Uses circumlocution sentences. (1 page)
* A writing and speaking activity to practice how to define words with circumlocution. Includes another list of ten regular Spanish verbs. (1 page)
* Color coded answer key provided. (1 PDF slide)
* Vocabulary slides with twenty verbs included. (2 PDF slides)
* Two culture slides with photos of the Molcajete and Aztec Pictographs.
*Teacher Instructions and Tips for getting the most out of the activities.
* A FREE link to a matching Quizlet list so you don't have to make up your own!
Actividades de los verbos con cambios radicales en el presente. Rompecabezas y ejercicios de escribir y hablar.
**We regularly place new free products in our store. Click the green star under our store name to follow us for new products and updates.
We always appreciate your feedback and comments!