I created this Reading Comprehension Activity for my Spanish II classes but it will be a valuable resource for Levels II and above.
This activity has been abridged in order to comply with copyright and fair use. The brevity of the "lectura" still has several applications that will be of great interest to you:
1. As an authentic, unaltered excerpt from Julio Cortázar, it can be used as a sample of his work if your class is discussing Latin American writers,
2. This paragraph-length excerpt has an impressive balance of words that most Spanish students at these levels should know, unknown words that are accessible based on context clues, and it contains both present and imperfect verb forms,
3. This activity can be used a back-to-school review activity for Levels 2 and above,
4. It can be used as a Reading Comprehension pre-assessment,
5. You can include this in your sub plans for level-appropriate readers, or
6. It can be a given as a homework assignment.