Teaching culture is a vital part of Foreign Language instruction. This mini-lesson not only recognizes one of the great Latin American statesmen, it also provides qualitative instruction in the target language.
This download includes:
1. A short biography of Benito Juárez (in Spanish)
2. Reading comprehension questions (in Spanish)
3. A wordsearch of key terms like Ciudad de México, patriota, Presidente, Oaxaca, etc.
5. An hand-drawn picture of Juárez for coloring
6. A list of 10 online resources where you can find more information for your lesson. (5 English language links and 5 Spanish language links)
This lesson contains use of the preterite and imperfect but should be comprehensible to most Spanish students. This lesson also has multiple applications. The biography can be used for:
* Reading Comprehension
* Reading Fluency
* Translation activities
The wordsearch and coloring page are also very good additions to your substitute plans and bell ringers for any lesson. It's not bad for homework either. This is a great value no matter how you look at it!