Spanish 2 Reading Comprehension: Preterite Tense, El Pretérito
Regular Preterite verbs, Spanish Reading Activities
Regular preterite tense verbs are covered, as well as a few common irregulars: HACER and IR, -CAR, -GAR, -ZAR verbs
This SIX page packet contains two simple warmup pages to introduce/review the regular preterite tense. There is then a one page reading that includes many examples of the preterite tense. There are then three pages of accompanying activities! After the warmup, the packet does include regular and irregular verbs.
In the attached activities, students are called to:
* review the present and preterite tense of regular verbs
* practice conjugating regular verbs in the preterite tense
* mark the preterite verbs in the passage
* identify the infinitive and subject of the preterite verbs in the passage
* answer true / false comprehension questions
* recall regular and common irregular preterite verb forms
* identify key words in determining tense
* complete an OPEN RESPONSE writing prompt using the preterite tense
A simple grading rubric is attached to the bottom of the writing prompt!
This packet is ready to print! No prep needed by you! I hope this saves you some prep time and adds variety to your grammar unit :)