This is a restaurant menu project for Spanish I. Students will design a restaurant menu that serves traditional Spanish dishes from a Spanish-speaking country of their choice. This project includes an introduction page with all the project requirements, 2 restaurant menu examples, a 2-page project planner/graphic organizer, and a grading rubric for student presentations.
* A menu cover with the restaurant name in Spanish, the days and hours of operation, address, and phone number.
* At least 20 menu items in Spanish with the following category headings: Aperitivos, El Desayuno, El Almuerzo, La Cena, Bebidas, Postres
* All menu items must be traditional dishes and drinks from the country chosen.
* Prices next to each menu item in the currency of the country chosen.
* Illustrations or photos of at least 10 items offered on the menu.
This is a great cultural project when reviewing Spanish-speaking countries, ordering food at a cafe or restaurant, Spanish vocabulary for food and drinks, or Hispanic culture. As an addition activity, you may have students prepare a traditional Spanish dish from their restaurant menu to share with the class or have students prepare a skit about ordering food in Spanish using each other’s restaurant menus. Completed projects make great classroom decorations.
You may also like:
Spanish Country Profile Project
Hispanic Heritage Month Projects Bundle
Want to receive updates on new Spanish products and sales? Here’s how to become a follower:
Look for the green star under my store name Spanish Made Easy
at the top of my homepage. Click the STAR to become a follower!