This is a restaurant menu project for Spanish I. Students will design a restaurant menu that serves traditional Spanish dishes from a Spanish-speaking country of their choice. This project includes an introduction page with all the project requirements, 2 restaurant menu examples, a 2-page project planner/graphic organizer, and a grading rubric for student presentations.
* A menu cover with the restaurant name in Spanish, the days and hours of operation, address, and phone number.
* At least 20 menu items in Spanish with the following category headings: Aperitivos, El Desayuno, El Almuerzo, La Cena, Bebidas, Postres
* All menu items must be traditional dishes and drinks from the country chosen.
* Prices next to each menu item in the currency of the country chosen.
* Illustrations or photos of at least 10 items offered on the menu.
This is a great cultural project when reviewing Spanish-speaking countries, ordering food at a cafe or restaurant, Spanish vocabulary for food and drinks, or Hispanic culture. As an addition activity, you may have students prepare a traditional Spanish dish from their restaurant menu to share with the class or have students prepare a skit about ordering food in Spanish using each other’s restaurant menus. Completed projects make great classroom decorations.
Please see the PREVIEW with sample pages from this activity.
You may also like:
Spanish Country Profile Project
Hispanic Heritage Month Projects Bundle
Spanish-Speaking Countries and Capitals Passport Mini Booklet
Check out all of my Hispanic Culture resources!
Want to be updated about new Spanish products and sales from my store via email? Here’s how to become a follower:
Look for the green star under my store name "Spanish Made Easy
" at the top of my homepage. Click the STAR to become a follower!