Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
Includes game boards in color and black-and-white!
This is one of my favorite games to play with students. Don Nadie throws a party for his friends, but one of the guests steals something from his house. As students move around the game board, they try to figure out the identity of the thief, which object was stolen, and which room it was stolen from. Detailed playing instructions are included.
I use the same game board to play a simpler version of the game with younger students. I call this game "Jugar a las escondidas". In this game, students move to each room on the board and try to guess which person is hiding in which room. Detailed instructions for this simplified game are included.
Anywhere from 2-5 players can use each game board. I usually have 4 students put their desks together, lay the game board on top of their desks, and play together. I make multiple game boards so all of my students can play at one time (I recommend doing this in class so the students can help you assemble the game boards. To make this into a larger project, print out the black-and-white game boards and game cards and have students color them before assembling the game.)
This bundle contains the following:
• El ladrón - game board (color). The game board is comprised of six separate pages, which you can print out and glue on a piece of poster board (poster board not included).
• El ladrón - game board (black-and-white).
• El ladrón - playing cards (color).
• El ladrón - playing cards (black-and-white).
• El ladrón - detective sheets (black and white).
• El ladrón - instructions.
• Jugar a las escondidas - instructions.
• Jugar a las escondidas - playing sheets (black-and-white)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This file contains the basic components of the game "El ladrón". Due to the nature of digital files, however, some components of the game are not included and will need to be provided by the teacher. If you purchase this game, you will need to provide:
• One piece of poster board per game (to glue the six pieces of the game board together)
• Four sheets of construction paper or cardstock per game (for the game cards)
• Dice (one per game)
• A plain envelope (one per game)
• Game pieces for players to move around the board (one per player). In my class, we use small toys. However, you could use any small objects around your classroom, like Bingo chips, different-colored paperclips, or different-colored pencil erasers.
The following vocabulary is used in this game:
• la cocina
• el comedor
• el salón
• el despacho
• las escaleras
• el baño
• el dormitorio
• la biblioteca
• el lavadero
• la piscina
• el garaje
• el jardín
• el portátil
• el teléfono celular
• el collar
• el par de aretes
• la cámara
• la cartera
• Señora Rosa
• Señor Blanco
• Profesor Amarillo
• Señora Verde
• Señorita Rojo
• Señora Azul
I hope your students enjoy playing this game as much as mine have!