This is an awesome Common Core aligned Spanish reading activity. Students study the subjunctive and develop Common Core close reading strategies, while also practicing listening skills and having fun with Juanes’ “A dios le pido”.
This listing includes a zip file with documents in both pdf and word versions (that you can edit!):
1. Spanish language biography of Juanes (2pgs)
2. Objectives, CCSS, Pre-listening student guide (1pg)
3. “A dios le pido” close reading assignment with song lyrics including vocabulary list (1pg)
3. Comprehension / analysis worksheet with Common Core Text Dependent Questions (1pg)
4. Lesson plan and suggestions (1pg)
5. Answer Key
I use this when first introducing the subjunctive with 2nd year honors and 3rd year.
The song is accessible on youtube. This is the version I’ve used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXFbjmcdhwM
Check out my other song activities here!
¡Suerte con todo! Please leave your feedback, I appreciate it!