Use "Soy El Mismo" by Prince Royce to get students to hear the imperfect in Spanish using comprehensible input. Included in this packet:
- A short biography of Prince Royce focusing on the imperfect in Spanish.
- A matching activity with infinitives, conjugated verbs in the imperfect and definitions in order to establish meaning.
- A writing activity focusing on the imperfect to allow students to demonstrate what they learned.
- A cloze activity of the song "Soy El Mismo" by Prince Royce (available on Youtube) with definitions of challenging vocabulary.
- A conversation activity to check for understanding after listening.
- Answer keys included.
Songs are perfect ways to introduce authentic language. These activities will make the song more comprehensible for your students and will allow for great practice with this grammatical concept in context!
Check out more song titles here:
La Tierra del Olvido por Carlos Vives - Present Tense
Bachata en Fukuoka por Juan Luis Guerra - Preterite
Soy el Mismo por Prince Royce - Imperfect
Que Suenen los Tambores por Victor Manuelle - Present Subjunctive
Donde Jugarán Los Niños - Future Tense
Si La Ves - Present Perfect
Sería Feliz - Imperfect Subjunctive/Conditional
Hermosa Ingrata - Past Perfect Subjunctive
Follow me on Pinterest for great ideas and resources!
Check out my blog for excellent teaching strategies!
Have Facebook? Follow @comprehension2communication!