In this unit students will learn 24 common present tense stem-changing verbs in a variety of different exercises.
1. Introduction to stem-changing verbs. The stem change only occurs inside the shoe. Therefore, we also refer to these verbs as “Shoe Verbs”.
2. Vocabulary List: Includes 24 common present tense stem-changing verbs.
3. Categorize the Shoe Verbs: Students will categorize all 24 verbs on the list according to their stem change. (ue) (ie) or (i)
4. Conjugate the Shoe Verbs: In this exercise the students are given 6 diagrams of 6 different shoes. The students will need to conjugate the verbs indicated using the shoe diagrams.
5. Fill In the Blanks: Students will conjugate the stem changing verbs in each sentence.
6. Write the Question: Students will form questions using the stem-changing verbs with the words provided. Then, they will answer the questions
7. Vocabulary and Grammar Review with Spanish Idiom: In this worksheet students will discover the hidden Spanish idiom by identifying different general vocabulary words from different categories (i.e. body parts, numbers, colors, animals, foods, job titles, family members, and months of the year.) After identifying the words according to their categories, the students will then follow the directions and color them accordingly. If students do not have crayons or colored pencils they can simply cross out the words instead. The blocks that remain will reveal the Spanish idiom “Zapatero a tus zapatos.” In English this means, “Each man after his own trade or stick to what you are good at”. Next, students will discuss the meaning of this idiom with their teacher.
8. The Crazy Shoe Contest: Students will be given the opportunity to be creative. They will choose one shoe verb. They will draw a shoe (any kind of shoe, a boot, a cowboy boot, a rain boot, etc.) Then, they will conjugate their verb inside the shoe. You can have a contest in your class to see who created the best shoe verb.
Other Spanish Materials:
Spanish Roll and Write Present Tense Verb Activities
Spanish Conversation Boards 6 X 6: Beginning and Intermediate
Graphics provided by:
Tags: Verbs, shoe verbs, stem-changing verbs, present tense, Spanish, categorize, conjugate,