Spanish Subject Pronoun Flashcards, Posters and More and How to Effectively Teach Them
There are many lovely, cute and unique posters for flashcards to teach or show the Spanish subject pronouns. If there are already so many, why would I decide to make even more? I compete even with myself, completely re-doing the pronouns that have served me well for so many years.
I noticed (finally) that one of the main problems that my students have with conjugation have their roots in not really understanding the complex pronouns. Of course “nosotros” means “we” but many don’t totally realize that “__________y yo” also means “nosotros”. Similarly, “ustedes” means “you plural” but it also means “tú y ______”.
To visually reinforce the sometimes complex meanings of such pronouns these flashcards picture:
• The pictures of ustedes, vosotros, and vosotras have a person with a “u” on their shirt (you). I explain “If there is a “you” in the group, then it’s ustedes .” (vosotros/as).
• The pictures of “nosotros/as” ” have a picture of somebody with an “I” on their shirt
The 12 posters or flashcards include:
Besides the colored pronoun posters or flashcards :
1. there is a page with all the pictures small and in black and white for practice or for individual flashcards.
2. A practice sheet using all the subject pronouns
3. A grid with all the pronouns, subject, reflexive, possessive etc.