Los Jovenes Opinan mimics a blog-web-based magazine featuring three 2-3 page articles interspersed with pictures related to the theme of identity.
There are over 35 pages total of comprehensibly written text featuring unique Latin American activities including (10 pages in inserts that are linked into the article)
*Essential Vocabulary is hyperlinked in articles to facilitate online reading.
(Check out my blog for the video and mask activities to discuss identity)
1. Three highly relevant articles connecting to the theme of Identity (see description below)
2. Pre-reading vocabulary lists, definition- making activity.
3. Pre-reading questions all geared toward frontloading the themes and activating prior knowledge, attitudes and beliefs.
4. Paired writing activity
5. Reading graphic organizers (link to TPT free resource)
6. True and false activity (10 questions - La Identidad de los adolescentes)
7. Audio version of the section 1 of La identidad de los adolescents (recording-link)
8. Listening activity (link provided to TPT free product)
9. Text-dependent comprehension questions are included for the first two articles
10. Student choice writing prompt to help them to dig deeper into the article.
11. 8 Writing prompts around the theme of Identity ((link to TPT free resource)
12. Pre-reading vocabulary worksheet (different from the one above)
1. The first article discusses how adolescents form their identity and touches on identity in the digital age.
2. The second article speaks about the challenges of identity for indigenous teens in Latin America and how they are redefining their integration into mainstream society.
3. The third article centers on the transgender debate in Argentina (actual case referenced). There is a video link and questions that connect to the article.
Please note that the actual count of pages is over 35. These activities have been linked into the article and are offered free on TPT.
Ideal for IB written and visual text task!
Grammar- features present tense, preterite, imperfect, some imperfect subjunctive and present perfect. Most of the vocabulary terms are first and second tier cognates.
Los Jóvenes Opinan is a blogazine published by Teaching Spanish Made Easy
Check out Five Post Series on Identity