This is a thorough packet included for teaching time in the Spanish classroom. Certain aspects of this unit also have the ability to be adapted into other languages. This includes in-class and out-of-class activities. It practices interpretational reading, presentational writing, and presentational speaking skills in the Spanish language. This packet includes:
- 1 week (or more) of lesson plans for introducing time in the Spanish classroom
- 2 sets of guided notes to introduce the concepts of telling time in Spanish over more than one class period (2-4 class periods)
- Answer keys for both sets of notes
- 1 in- or out-of-class activity for students to tell time step-by-step
- 2 detailed worksheets for practicing telling time
- An in-class gallery walk activity, including an actual example of student work used in the past. This activity practices interpretational reading, presentational writing, and presentational speaking in the target language.
This is an incredibly thorough unit for introducing time which I have found to be very beneficial in the past for students at a variety of achievement levels. You may use this unit to choose how in-depth you'd like to instruct the students on telling time.
These notes and activities are best used for classes 60-75 minutes long; however, you may modify them to do work in class as well.
There are 51 pages in total. 17 are used for direct instruction; the rest are used for the gallery walk, which has been already made for you. I find having the gallery walk prepared ahead of time to be incredibly convenient as well.