this year with your Spanish language class
using these NO PREP printables
! This unit includes a bilingual reading, comprehension questions, vocabulary exercises and much more.
1. Bilingual reading
on the history and celebration of Thanksgiving. It includes a two page reading in both English and Spanish. This allows for differentiation
in the classroom. It would be appropriate for both beginning and intermediate students.
2. Comprehension Questions: Students will form questions using the cues provided. Then, they will answer the questions using the information found in the reading.
3. Thanksgiving Cognates: The students will learn how important an awareness of cognates is when learning a foreign language. In this exercise students will match the Spanish words on the left with the English cognates on the right. All of the cognates in this exercise are from the reading.
4. Thanksgiving Vocabulary Matching: Four different worksheets.
- Food Vocabulary #1: Match the Spanish Words with the pictures.
- Food Vocabulary #2: Match Spanish Vocabulary Words with English words.
- Thanksgiving Vocabulary #1: Match Spanish Vocabulary Words with English
- Thanksgiving Vocabulary #2: Match Spanish Vocabulary Words with Spanish
5. Spanish Verbs Present and Past Tenses (2 worksheets) Students will choose a verb from the box to complete the sentences first in the present tense and then in the past tense.
6. Sequence Strip Story: Students will cut apart the strips, put them in order and then paste them on a decorative paper also provided in this lesson. This may be challenging for some students. At first I let my students struggle for a few minutes and then I tell them that they can use the reading to help them. It is also beneficial to have them work together in pairs for this activity. The more advanced students can help the ones that need more help. (This exercise includes Teacher Notes.)
7. Thanksgiving Word Search: Students will first translate the vocabulary words into Spanish and then find them in the puzzle.
8. Thanksgiving Grammar Review: Students will write a Spanish noun, adjective and verb for each letter in the words “Estar Agradecido”.
MORE SPANISH RESOURCES:
Spanish Thanksgiving: El Dia de Accion de Gracias
Spanish Thanksgiving BUNDLE
Spanish Thanksgiving Verb Activity Boards
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺