Sorting and creating simple themed sentences is a fun activity for students to learn vocabulary and work on writing skills.
100% in Spanish, geared at early elementary students. OK for Dual Language and Immersion classes.
I am including short 9 sentences about Thanksgiving (see below for the list).
There are two levels for the emergent writer / emergent reader:
1. Cut out the words and paste them in the correct order copying the sentence. Then, write the sentence.
2. Cut out the words and paste them in the correct order using the picture as a clue. Then, write the sentence.
Here is the list of sentences in the packet:
(please forgive the lack of accents)
1. Hacemos una tarta de calabaza (We make a pumpkin pie.)
2. El pavo lleva un sombrero negro. (The turkey wears a black hat.)
3. La familia López está cenando junta. (The Lopez family is eating dinner together.)
4. Los peregrinos vinieron en barco. (The pilgrims came by boat.)
5. Los indios y los peregrinos son amigos. (The indians and pilgrims are friends.)
6. ?Quién quiere comer mas pavo? (Who wants to eat more turkey?)
7. Todos dan gracias antes de cenar. (Everyone gives thanks before eating dinner.)
8. Los indios comparten su cosecha. (The indians share their harvest.)
9. La abuela lleva el pavo. (Grandmother brings the turkey.)