Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
27.01 MB | 80 pages
This is a story about a turkey of many colors. I wrote it for kindergarten students in a Spanish FLES program. It will work best with young children (preschool through second grade).
In this story, children ask a turkey what color his body parts are. This story uses the following vocabulary:
- ¿De qué color es tu ____?
- tengo. . .
- la cabeza
- el pico
- el cuerpo
- las alas
- las patas
- la cola
- de muchos colores
- el pavo
- un pavo
This bundle includes:
• El pavo de muchos colores - Picture Story in Spanish
• Story cards (without text) for sequencing activities or retells
• Posters in black-and-white
• Posters in color
• Game cards
• A four-page teacher's guide with suggestions for teaching the story
• 3 worksheets with a full answer key
• A student version in black-and-white (full story)
• A student version in black-and-white with blanks for students to fill in their own colors as they color the turkey
When I am reading the story to the whole class, I project it on a Promethean Board from my computer (many PDF viewing programs have the option to view PDF files as full page or as a slideshow). I also print out several copies, laminate them, and keep them as part of our classroom library. If students finish their work early, they can go to the library and check out a book. I also incorporate regular reading time in our class periods so all students can review the stories we have already learned.
NOTE: This story is sold in PDF format. I have received some requests to put these stories in PowerPoint format. However, many of the artists who create educational clipart specify that the clipart must be locked down in a PDF file, as this secures the file images. Some PDF viewing programs have the option to "view as slideshow", which looks very similar to a PowerPoint presentation. Other programs have the option to view as full screen or full page. This is how I use the PDF files in my class.