IMPORTANT: Do not purchase this story if you have already purchased or plan to purchase the "Reyes Magos Mini Bundle". This story is included in that bundle.
This is a very simple story for the holiday season. I wrote it for kindergarten students in a Spanish FLES program. It will work best with students in preschool through second grade. If you would like a Three Kings Day story for older students, check out the story "La carta a los Reyes Magos", which incorporates a lot more vocabulary and culture: La carta a los Reyes Magos.
Both this story and "La carta a los Reyes Magos" are available in the Reyes Magos Mini Bundle.
This bundle includes:
• Las cartas - picture story
• Story cards (without text) for sequencing activities and retells
• A student version of the story in black and white
• A teacher's guide with suggestions for teaching the story
• Game cards
• Three worksheets with a full answer key
• Posters (in color) showing different toys/gifts
• A colored poster of the Reyes Magos
• Three black-and-white posters of the Reyes Magos (one poster for each king: Melchor, Gaspar, and Baltasar)
• A story template for your class to make their own book of the gifts they would like the Reyes Magos to bring
• Instructions for using the story template
This story uses the following vocabulary:
el rey, los reyes
la carta, las cartas
If you choose to do some of the included activities, you will also use the following words/phrases:
muchas gracias a los tres
NOTE: This story is sold in PDF format. I have received some requests to put these stories in PowerPoint format. However, many of the artists who create educational clipart specify that the clipart must be locked down in a PDF file, as this secures the file images. Some PDF viewing programs have the option to "view as slideshow", which looks very similar to a PowerPoint presentation. Other programs have the option to view as full screen or full page. This is how I use the PDF files in my class.