This game is a fabulous pair activity game for reviewing vocabulary before a quiz or test, or simply for practice. I learned about it at a conference, so I can't take credit for the idea.
- Make enough copies of each page- enough for half of your students to be student A,and the other half to be student B.
- The game is played in pairs. Give Student A students their copies, and Student B students their copies (different- no peeking!)
- Student A asks his/her partner, Student B, to translate #1 from his/her sheet. If the students get the answer correct (correct answer is beneath in parentheses), the partner records a check in the first column,worth 3 points. If the students get the answer incorrect, Student A provides the correct answer by reading it aloud, and moves on to #2. All 6 questions are asked, and Student A tallies up the score at bottom. Each student has up to 3 tries to get the answer correct.
- Once Student A has gone through each question 1-3 times, the roles are reversed and Student B asks the 6 different questions of student A from his/her sheet (different numbers/words, but Student B will be at somewhat of an advantage)
- This particular game includes 6 questions per student, covering Spanish clothing and numbers 100-1000+.
Time required: 5 minutes for making copies, and 10-15 class minutes for the game.
ENJOY!! **This game matches up with vocab from Chapter 7A of Realidades 1, but can be used/modified for different words/concepts. The highest number goes to in the 7,000's.