This Identity and Culture Unit is designed for Spanish 3+. This mini-unit can be used as a stand alone unit or as supplementary readings for class. Check out the table of contents below.
Bonus resource: Download this video on Identity and activities...very deep, but the students will love it.
Reading Resources (total of 11 pages of different articles)
1. La identidad de los adolescentes
2. Las identidades flexibles
3. La globalización y los jóvenes indígenas
4. El caso de “Los chicos trasgénero(s)” de Argentina.
5. La cultura de San Andrés- los afro-colombianos
6. Graphic Organizer for taking notes during reading
7. Workbook Resource (22 activities)- 42 pages of activities, included in download.
8.Pre-reading writing prompt and discussion questions
9. Adivinanza- pre-reading contextualized vocabulary activity
10.Vocabulary list and sentence forming activity
11.List of structures used through the articles/activity
12. Supplementary reading “Las redes anti-sociales” information gap-filling activity with 13.vocabulary from reading resources
14.Comprehension questions for “Las redes anti-sociales” article.
15. Role-playing writing activity for “Las redes anti-sociales:” Los mandatos (mini-writing rubric included on worksheet).
16. True/False questions for article: La identidad de los adolescentes
17. Reading comprehension questions for “La identidad de los adolescentes
18. Applying the key concepts of the article: Assessment for ““La identidad de los adolescentes.” Students read 4 comprehensible scenarios and decide which aspect of their identity (touched on in the article) is being represented.
19. Questions for “Las identidades flexibles” and “Los grupos sociales.
20. Identity Map- students have an opportunity to directly apply concepts
21. Chat stations activity- this is a pre-reading conversation activity for the article “ Los jóvenes indígenas.”
22. Several vocabulary activities for the article “Los jóvenes indígenas.”
23. Comprehension questions
24. Opinión -driven questions- students make personal connections to the article. 25. Perspective-taking
25. Comprehension questions for the article: Los chicos Transgénero (s) de Argentina
26.. Debate- students are giving two different roles based on the article and they have to argue in pairs- so fun!
27 Video pre and post activities for “La ley de la identidad” Argentina.
28. True/False Activity for the article: Visita San Andrés
29. Comprehension questions for the article: La cultura de San Andrés
30. PPT prompts
Additional cultural video activity