Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.36 MB | 15 pages pages
This Valentine’s Day Unit is for the Spanish language class. It includes 15 PRINTABLES and ANSWER KEYS.
1. This is a reading on St. Valentine which includes several legends. It is a two page reading in both English and Spanish.
This allows for differentiation in the classroom. It would be appropriate for both beginning and intermediate students.
2. Valentine’s Day Cognates: The students will learn how important an awareness of cognates is when learning a foreign language. In this exercise students will match the Spanish words on the left with the English cognates on the right. Then, they will need to think of 10 more cognates and write them in English and Spanish. All of the cognates in this exercise are from the reading.
3. Valentine’s Day Vocabulary Matching: Three different worksheets.
- Vocabulary #1: Match the Spanish words with the pictures.
- Vocabulary #2: Match the Spanish vocabulary words with the English words.
- Vocabulary #3: Match the Spanish reflexive verbs from the reading with their English translations.
4. Fill in the Blanks: Students will choose a Valentine’s Day vocabulary word from the box to complete the sentences.
5. Spanish Reflexive Verbs: Students will choose a reflexive verb from the box to complete the sentences in the past tense.
6. Write the Questions: Students will form questions using the cues provided. Then, they will answer the questions using the information found in the reading. This exercise also focuses on the use of the reflexive verbs.
7. Valentine’s Day Translate & Find Word Search: Students will first translate the vocabulary words into Spanish and then find them in the puzzle.
8. Valentine’s Day Grammar Review: Students will write a Spanish noun, adjective and verb for each letter in the words “DE TU VALENTÍN”.
Please see the preview of all printables included in the unit.