This unit will teach students the conjugation of the Spanish verb "IR" and 16 different places in the community. The Spanish verb "IR"
is one of the most highly used verbs
in the Spanish language. This unit will help your students become proficient conjugating and speaking with this verb.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
-The conjugation of the verb “IR” in the present tense
-The contraction a + el = al
-The use of 2 word expressions: (Ir + a + infinitive)
and (acabar de + infinitive)
-16 vocabulary words for places in the community
1. Write the correct vocabulary word under each picture.
2. Match the Spanish Vocabulary word with the correct English word.
3. Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary word from the word bank.
4. La Comunidad: Scrambled Words
5. Formation of the verb “IR” in the present tense. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verb.
6. The Spanish contraction “al”. Translate the sentences from English to Spanish.
7. Expressions with 2 Verbs: (IR + a + infinitive/ acabar + de + infinitive)
8. Adonde vas?: Students will put a check in each box next to the places they are going to go this week. Then, they will write a sentence for each one using the grammatical structure “ir + infinitive”.
9. Find Someone Who: Este Fin de Semana
Students will get out of their chairs and walk around during this mingle activity. They will ask each other the questions indicated in each of the boxes on the worksheet. For example:
Student A: ¿Vas a ir al parque este fin de semana?
Student B: Sí, voy a ir al parque.
Student B: No, no voy a ir al parque.
-When a student finds someone who has that item, they will have
that person write his or her name in the box.
32 CONVERSATION CARDS:
There are directions for a Guided Pair Practice, a Mingle Activity and a Vocabulary Game. This will help to get your students up and moving around the classroom as they speak Spanish with each other.
MORE SPANISH RESOURCES:
Spanish Present Tense AR Verbs
Spanish Present Tense Review Activities
Spanish Subject Pronouns
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺