This is a fun way to help your students visualize pronouns and verb endings with the regular preterite tense endings in Spanish. Our Verb Building let's students see the patterns and can be used as a race game, pair exercise, or substitute lesson. The follow up speaking and writing activity is a fun way to get students up, moving, and using their spoken Spanish.
Una actividad divertida para practicar los verbos regulares del pretérito en español. Se conjuga los verbos y se los escribe en español al lado de su traducción en inglés. Incluye dos versiones y una actividad de comunicación oral que también practica las formas de los verbos en el pretérito.
These activities focus on this list of twenty Spanish regular preterite tense verbs and includes a FREE link to a Quizlet list to support the activities:
This set includes:
* Version A of our Verb Building with fun graphics. Comes with English Translations and Conjugated Spanish Verbs. Students find the match and write the verbs to learn the patterns. Graphics help visualize the singular and plural pronouns. Includes short answer speaking/writing question in the preterite. Includes a grammar box to help with conjugations. (1 page)
* Version B (advanced) of our Verb Building with fun graphics. Comes with English Translations and Spanish Verbs in the infinitive. Students find the match and write the correct conjugation of the verb next to the English translation. Graphics help visualize the singular and plural pronouns. Includes short answer speaking/writing question in the preterite. Note that the same set of twenty verbs is used but the subjects and placements are changed to allow for more practice. Includes a grammar box to help with conjugations. (1 page)
* A Follow Up Speaking and Writing Activity with preterite verbs. Students interview other classmates using five questions and follow-ups. Provides extensive speaking practice since students must ask multiple classmates the questions until they find someone who says yes. Students then write a short paragraph from their answers and share with class. Includes a short role-play to model the activity and question words on the sheet. (1 page)
* Full Color Slide for Class Instructions and Color Vocabulary Slides to introduce verbs and the activities. These are PDF slides. (3 Slides)
* Full Color Answer Keys to show after completing the two verb conjugation sheets. (2 slides)
*Teacher Instructions and Tips for getting the most out of the activities. (2 pages)
* A FREE link to a matching Quizlet list so you don't have to make up your own! Play Quizlet live and other games. Practice the meanings of the verbs before you do the activity for better retention.
**We regularly place new free products in our store. Click the green star under our store name to follow us for new products, sales and updates.
Don't forget to leave us feedback and comments!