This is a set of Spanish writing units designed for first grade students. The lessons cover narrative, opinion, and informational writing. Materials for the entire year are included!
The materials in this curriculum will help you:
- Get your students producing lots of writing!
- Establish writing workshop procedures that increase students' independence
- Engage students in meaningful, enjoyable writing activities
- Challenge students as writers, while still honoring their developmental needs
- Significantly cut down on your planning and prep time
Here's what the curriculum includes:
- 8 units that teach writing workshop routines and procedures, personal narratives, how-to books, opinion writing, fairy tale and realistic fiction, nonfiction/informational books, persuasive letters, and poetry
- 156 complete, detailed minilessons with objectives, Common Core standards, materials, and procedures listed (great for subs or maternity leave)
- Daily language arts/grammar exercises that complement the minilessons
- Posters, visual aids, graphic organizers, an alphabet chart, a writing stages display, and other printable materials (all color materials also have black and white versions)
- An assessment schedule that assesses students’ writing at the beginning, middle, and end of the school year (with comprehensive narrative, information, and opinion writing rubrics)
- Additional student- and parent-friendly rubrics
- Organizational materials for you (anecdotal note form, conferring schedule, and checklists)
Important information about language:
- Teacher lesson plans are written completely in English.
- All student materials and materials that might be sent home are included in SPANISH.
- You will also receive links to download all Spanish materials in English, in case you also sometimes teach writing in English.
- Mentor text suggestions include Spanish texts.
- If you previously purchased this resource in English and would like to swap it for this Spanish version, please contact TpT support and explain your request.
- These units are not available individually, but you still receive the bundle discount price.
- Please download the preview for a complete list of units and lessons, as well as many sample lessons to read through. This will give you a good sense of what the curriculum includes!
If you have other questions, feel free to email me at Alison@learningattheprimarypond.com!