This is a set of Spanish writing units designed for Kindergarten students. The lessons cover narrative, opinion, and informational writing. Materials for the entire year are included!
The materials in this curriculum will help you:
- Bring your students from drawing to writing
- Establish writing workshop procedures that increase students' independence
- Engage students in meaningful, enjoyable writing activities
- Challenge students as writers, while still honoring their developmental needs
- Significantly cut down on your planning and prep time
Here's what the curriculum includes:
- 7 units that teach writing workshop routines and procedures, personal narratives, patterned books, how-to books, opinion/persuasive writing, fiction and fairy tale writing, and nonfiction/informational writing
- Complete minilessons (131 minilessons total, leaving you time for reteaching and special projects)
- Materials to accompany the minilessons (graphic organizers, posters, and visual aids)
- Teacher-friendly and student-friendly rubrics
- Organizational materials to simplify planning and assessment
- Common Core alignment (the lessons were written around best practices in writing instruction, and many teachers who do not use the Common Core still use these lessons)
Important information about language:
- Teacher lesson plans are written completely in English.
- All student materials and materials that might be sent home are included in SPANISH.
- You will also receive links to download all Spanish materials in English, in case you also sometimes teach writing in English.
- Mentor text suggestions include Spanish texts.
- If you previously purchased this resource in English and would like to swap it for this Spanish version, please contact TpT support and explain your request.
- These units are not available individually, but you still receive the bundle discount price.
- Please download the preview for a complete list of units and lessons, as well as many sample lessons to read through. This will give you a good sense of what the curriculum includes!
If you have other questions, feel free to email me at Alison@learningattheprimarypond.com!