Also included in
- This Spanish Editable Movie Guide bundle includes 10 editable Google doc movie guides for Spanish class. These Spanish class movies would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, exploratory Spanish, or a Latin American culture class. The differentiated options mean you could use v$35.99$43.93Save $7.94
This El camino de Xico - (Xico's Journey) movie guide is designed for Spanish students while watching the film El camino de Xico in Spanish class. It would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, exploratory Spanish, or a Latin American culture class. The differentiated options mean you could use variations of this one editable Google guide with all levels you teach to learn about Mexico and el medio ambiente.
This Editable Movie Guide for El camino de Xico includes
- Page 1 - a character description chart with space to draw characters
- Page 2 - 15 comprehension questions about the film in ENGLISH OR
- Page 3 - 15 comprehension questions about the film in SPANISH to fill out while watching. (Pick which set best fits your class level)
- Page 4 - 3 post-viewing discussion questions in SPANISH & character matching in novice SPANISH (The post-viewing sheet could be used as an assessment after watching the film).
- Keys for all four pages of the guide as included as well.
The movie would be the perfect complement to a study of Mexico, the indigenous people of Mexico, or the environment while emphasizing teamwork and courage. It would be a good complement to a unit on the environment or global challenges. It would be an appropriate authentic Mexican film to show around Cinco de mayo.
This family-friendly, animated movie is rated PG, originally in Spanish, and can be found on Netflix with a run time of 84 minutes.
This is an editable Google Drive resource!
What are other teachers saying about this movie guide resource?
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ A mis estudiantes les encantó ver la película, y luego trabajaron en grupos para completar la actividad. Hice algunos cambios en la actividad dependiendo del nivel de mis estudiantes. Unos solo dibujaron a los personajes y otros contestaron las preguntas. Lo use durante la semana del Cinco de Mayo y hablamos un poco de la cultura y tradiciones en Mexico. - Nury S (Grades 5-6)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great way to describe the characters! For my lower levels I had them list personality traits (variety of adjectives) and physical descriptions. For my upper levels they described the characters but also compared and contrasted them. - Voctoria M (Grades 9-12)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great movie guide! Saved me the time of making questions myself! - Hannah W
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Love this! Great for my middle schoolers. (grades 6-8) - Dequeisimo
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We loved this! My students (10th grade) were super interested in the movie and the questions helped keep them on track! Thank you! - Nicole B
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpretive Communication
✅ Presentational Communication
✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
✅ Cultural Comparisons
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
- Get the Movie Guide Bundle for this film plus Coco, Vivo, Ferdinand, Pachamama, El camino de Xico, Selena, Dora & the lost City of Gold, The Book of Life & Canela
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google resource that will be found in your Drive in a folder called my purchases.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information & bonus activities El Camino de Xico blog post
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.