Do your students need to read more in Spanish? Have you been thinking about adding reading but not sure where to start? Looking to check their reading comprehension skills? Let me help you simplify your lesson planning with these short stories in Spanish. Each short story comes with a week's worth of lesson plans including pre-reading & reading comprehension activities.
Your students will love reading these short stories about shopping, clothes, food, school, daily routine, and more. The stories are between 10-13 pages long, use high frequency verbs, and are targeted at a novice learner.
- 10-13 page story in Spanish with pictures
- Pre-reading activities
- True/false worksheet in Spanish
- True/false worksheet in English (great for differentiation)
- Reading comprehension questions and personal questions worksheet
- Drawing activity
- Creative writing activity
- Literacy skills / Making inferences worksheets
- Additional follow up activities
- Teacher answer key
- Digital Google Slides version
- PDF for printing
Teachers like you said...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐I am brand new to CI and TPRS and this saved me so much time! I can focus on doing all the acting and making the stories engaging, while the stories are already made for me. Gracias!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐This is such a great resource. It has helped me incorporate more stories for my Spanish 1 and 2 students.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐This resource enabled me to differentiate more easily and saved me time.
- Grow your classroom library for Free Voluntary Reading.
- In class assignment, homework assignment, or assessment.
- They make a wonderful sub plan in case of emergency since students can independently read the story and answer the questions.
Examples of high frequency verbs:
- Places around the community
- Daily routine
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.