So many times in school, we talk about issues with our students but we do not necessarily take an active role in combatting those issues. I had been teaching the same ecology unit in my Spanish III class for years and years and really wanted to amp it up. This project is the result and could be edited for biology or geography classes.
What do students do?
1. each student chooses a different animal and researches it
2. write sentences about the animal in the target language
3. make suggestions about what can be done to further protect the animal and save it from extinction.
4. create a poster that includes the information and suggestions in the target language, photos, and creative art work
1. Editable PowerPoint of 31 endangered species complete with photo and name of the animal in Spanish
2. instructions and rubric
Want to take the project to the next level? Students can adopt an endangered animal. My kids love doing this because they feel like they are making a difference.