Basically it's charades, but in groups.
categories: animal, lugar, cosa, actividad (verbs) & persona
sheets are one sided & you have to print them back to back
Here is how I have them play:
rules for HEADBANZ:
1. groups of 4-6 of your choice
each group needs: 1 scoresheet, 1 di, 1 deck of cards & headbanz for everyone in the group
2. each person is a number on the score sheet
3. you need a CARDMASTER that will make sure the deck is category up & puts the used cards on the bottom of the pile.
------the cardmaster may need to help (or help each other) with putting cards in the headbanz
4. each person needs a card on their headband----word out (category facing back)
5. person 1 starts & rolls the dice to see who will act out (assist) them
6. ACTIONS ONLY!! no telling in English or Spanish...if the guesser guesses in English, the actor can say "en español"
30/40 seconds to guess the word correctly
7. if person 1 guesses the word correct in Spanish, both person 1 and the assister/actor get a point on the score sheet.
8. if person 1 doesn't guess the word, take off the word & get the answer----- he/she gets a new card for the next round
9. at the end of the hour the winner (most points) gets 2 pieces of candy & the others that have been participating (teacher can withhold candy from those who were wasting time or screwing around---but my students would never do that because they are mature and awesome!)
You need to print cards on card stock & use card stock strips to make headbanz. You have to put a large paperclip on each headban.
I had them do this with a sub & it went great!
This could also be used in stations.