Isn't it best to teach language and culture all in one? AND get students up and moving, too?
If you're teaching present perfect, have your students test their knowledge of the culture and history of the Spanish-speaking world by using these 12 questions to see who the most Spanish culture savvy student is in the class! And all questions utilize the present perfect (haber + participle) as the grammar focus.
Recommended instructions for usage:
- Print out the Powerpoint and tape the questions around your room.
- Look at the vocab used ahead of time to make sure your particular students will understand them.
- Print out the student hand out - last slide of the Powerpoint - and give to each student.
- Have students walk around the room answering each question.
- Have students come back to seat, swap papers, then give them the correct answers. Correct answers are in the notes on each slide.
- Determine which student knows the most about these Spanish-speaking country facts, and maybe give them a prize.
If anyone would dispute any fact I have on any slide, please let me know! Take a look at the "preview" for a sample question.
Note: One question is Chicago specific. This should be editable though, so throw in your own question about local Spanish speakers!
Tags: Presente perfecto, haber, participios pasados, perfect tense, presente perfecto en espanol, kinesthetic, game, Spanish trivia