Spanish reading comprehension - "La Gran Barrera de Coral
Students will read and analyze an authentic news article in Spanish published by the newspaper El Observador from Uruguay. This is a great activity for your environment unit. The article and video talk about what scientists are doing to save the Great Barrier. This authentic material is used with the permission of the copyright holder.
I created these activities for my Spanish 4 classes when we were doing an environment unit. I have also used them with my Spanish 2 and 3 classes as general reading comprehension practice. I am a strong believer in using the same authentic material for all the different levels and changing the activities to target each one differently.
The activities included will provide students with Spanish reading comprehension practice, new vocabulary acquisition and an opportunity to practice their ability to express their opinion in the target language.
The materials include:
• Lesson description and objectives
• Teaching tips
• A guide on how to tackle new vocabulary
• A list of possible cognates found in the article
• The original 3 paragraph article and video published by the newspaper El Observador from Uruguay
• Comprehension questions for various levels (low/intermediate and honors/AP)
• Comprehension questions for the video for various levels (low/intermediate and honors/AP)
• Extra discussion topics to make further connections to other environmental issues
• Answer keys for all the comprehension questions
I think these materials are great for reading comprehension practice in general or as an extra activity during your environment unit. It will also be a great way to connect to their science class.
I love followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the red “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
to check a cultural activity you might like!
Thanks for shopping My Store!
Profe Sra Sanchez