Students will read and analyze an authentic news article in Spanish published by the newspaper El País from Uruguay. This is a great activity for your clothing unit. The article talks about how social media is reacting to a new pair of jeans covered in fake mud sold in Nordstrom for $425. This authentic material is used with the permission of the copyright holder.
I created these activities for my Spanish 2 and 4 classes. I am a strong believer in using the same authentic material for all the different levels and changing the activities to target each one differently.
The activities included will provide students with Spanish reading comprehension practice, new vocabulary acquisition and an opportunity to practice their ability to express their opinion in the target language.
The materials include:
• Lesson description and objectives
• Teaching tips
• A guide on how to tackle new vocabulary
• A list of possible cognates found in the article
• The original 2-paragraph article from the newspaper El País (Uruguay)
• Comprehension questions for various levels (low/intermediate and honors/AP)
• Extra activity where students become unique clothing designers themselves
• Answer keys for the comprehension questions
I think these materials are great for reading comprehension practice in general or as an extra activity during your clothing unit.
I love followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the red “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Thanks for shopping My Store!
Profe Sra Sanchez