Comprehensible Story for Spanish 1 (or any level) Novice-Mid is about a boy who has a crush on a girl in class. It features vocabulary related to school, classes, common verbs, etc. Your students will find relatable characters, snarky teachers and a funny but comprehensible storyline that will capture them all. Glossary and Teacher's Manual is included!
Before your add this wonderful resource to your class library, check out La clase de confesiones 1 and 2 Novel Bundle (you'll save $2). This compelling story gets even more complex...and your students will want to read more. Check part parts 1 and 2 + Teacher' Manual by clicking the link below.
Although this is part 2, the story has enough flashbacks from part 1 to get the gist (but you really don't want to miss part 1).
Part 2: Carlos leaves Spanish class embarrassed. He had no idea that the teacher was going to pair him up with Jessica, the girls he writes about in his short essay. Adding insult to injury, the teacher reads his essay in front the class; even the mean-spirited things he wrote about his teacher. Carlos goes to Math class and get’s his phone taken by the teacher: he never receives the redemptive text message from Jessica. When they meet in the lunchroom, his embarrassment, ignorance, and fear get the best of him. Now, he has to win Jessica back. Carlos learns that the truth always prevails over a lie. He learns how, to be honest, vulnerable and to take responsibilities for his actions. Will this be enough for Jessica?
La clase de confessions part 1
Carlos hates Spanish class with a passion but finds the will to survive when he lays eyes on Jessica. Her presence is both distracting and motivating. However, his secret crush is compromised when his teacher decides to “shake things up a bit” in class. A simple writing assignment turns out to be a lethal injection to his social life, and by extension his chances with Jessica. From the nosy teacher inadvertently trying “set him up with Jessica” immediately backfires and turns into one of the most embarrassing moments in Carlos’ life; and Rubén is there to witness it all. After this incident, Carlos takes matters into his own hands and makes the biggest mistake of his adolescent life. Will his social life ever recover? Will his stunt in class win over Jessica, or will it push her away for good? Carlos learns that las mentiras tienen patas cortas and that honesty is the best policy. Carlos invites you to come along this adventure into La clase de confesiones….todos tienen una confesión (even the teacher!).
The Free Teacher Manual of Activities include:
1. Story- La clase de confesiones
2. Vocabulary exercise / fill in the blank from vocabulary box (pre-reading)
3. Matching English/Spanish activity with text from the story (pre-reading)
4. Paired conversation activity (opposite students having the correct answer)
5. List of questions the teacher can use in a whole-class discussion or Amy Lenord’s 6. Conversation Circle
6. Post comprehension questions
7. Explanation of verb conjugation and 2 exercises that include differentiation, extension and challenge (my kids all tried to do the challenge)
8. Additional list of verbs and questions for students to discuss what they do
9. Same activity, but students ask another student and record their response in the third person (I did this as a movement speaking activity).
10. Listening activity
11. Grammar exercises.
12 Two sets of vocabulary task cards
13. Activity for the second part as well