Students plan, organize, and write a well-developed paragraph based on the following prompt:
Write a well-developed paragraph explaining how Laurie Halse Anderson characterizes Melinda in “First Marking Period” in her novel Speak. Craft a grabber, topic sentence, incorporate the elements from the character journal in the body, and add a satisfying conclusion.
Planning sheet included with topic sentence frame statements; a graphic organizer that includes textual evidence and commentary, as well as context of the textual evidence; the prompt; and a scoring guide.
Open the preview for more detailed information.
You might be interested in my other Speak products:
Complete Speak Unit:
* Speak - Literary Novel Study; Speak Novel Unit
Separate Speak Materials:
* Speak - Censorship Essay; Secondary Language Arts
* Speak - Motifs; Analyzing Motifs; Secondary Language Arts
* Speak - Close Reading; Excerpts; Annotation
* Speak - Vocabulary Lists, Definitions, Quizzes, and Answer Keys
* Speak - Quote Response; Say, Mean, Matter
* Speak - Response Questions for Writing or Discussion
* Speak - Analyzing Allusions; Secondary Language Arts
* Book Cover Analysis; Novel Anticipatory Set; Book Jacket Blurb; Secondary