Students document "notices" of both given motifs and self-identified motifs on a graphic organizer. The organizer also includes a place to develop commentary about each motif.
At the end of the novel unit, students are presented with an option for a final motif project: a written paragraph or poster with presentation.
Check the preview for a more detailed look at this motif project.
You might be interested in my other Speak products:
Complete Speak Unit:
* Speak - Literary Novel Study; Speak Novel Unit
Separate Speak Materials:
* Speak - Censorship Essay; Secondary Language Arts
* Speak - Characterization Paragraph Assignment
* Speak - Close Reading; Excerpts; Annotation
* Speak - Vocabulary Lists, Definitions, Quizzes, and Answer Keys
* Speak - Quote Response; Say, Mean, Matter
* Speak - Response Questions for Writing or Discussion
* Speak - Analyzing Allusions; Secondary Language Arts
* Book Cover Analysis; Novel Anticipatory Set; Book Jacket Blurb; Secondary