This file includes many activities for teaching the novel, "Speak". It has
- several writing prompts
- vocabulary (with power point slides)
- 3 vocabulary quizzes
- essay topics
- a research essay project in which students must determine which psychological condition they think Melinda is suffering from
- creative assignments
- 4 reading quizzes
- 2 versions of a final test with an answer key.
- 2 articles on PTSD and Teen Depression and analysis activities to go with them
- 8 sets of basic comprehension and vocabulary questions that came with the novel set (geared more towards younger/inexperienced readers, although the questions are good for checking reading). There are also versions without the vocabulary for more advanced readers that can just be used for reading checks.
- High level textual analysis questions over the whole novel