These fun speaking surveys will get the students involved and TALKING!
These cards include questions about the topic of procedures and how to do something (routine)
. Some students are shy but with these surveys, they will feel a lot more comfortable knowing that the question is on their paper and that they do not need to stumble upon words and think as they speak to their classmates.
They will interview two other
students in class and write simple yes/no notes or short answers in their columns.
How to use these cards:
THE FILE ALSO INCLUDES AN EMPTY TEMPLATE SO YOU CAN ADD YOUR OWN QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TOPIC!
Cut up each card and hand them out so as to have each student with a different set of survey questions. There are four cards in total.
Instruct the students to interview two other people around them (next to them and behind them). They then note down what each student they interviewed said. I allow the students to report back to the whole class and talk about their classmates answers using pronouns.
These cards include questions about the topic PROCEDURES AND COMMON HABITS.
• Speaking Activities ESL Surveys - Christmas
• Speaking Activities ESL Surveys - Food and Eating
• Speaking Activities ESL Surveys - Giving Directions
• Speaking Activities ESL Surveys - Habits
• Speaking Activities ESL Surveys - Halloween
• Speaking Activities ESL Surveys - Health