Special Delivery Trucks to Houses: Pocket Chart and Container Sorting Centers and Games is a resource to teach color recognition. It is made especially for pre-school children, to keep them actively engaged while practicing learning their colors.
Your young learner will sort the color trucks, which have real photos on them.
- They will deliver their truck to a house that has the same color as the photo on the truck.
- They can deliver the color trucks to the houses in a pocket chart. You can sort using one color or multiple colors.
- Houses can be attached to containers. The students will walk around and deliver the truck to the house and put the truck into the container.
- 12 sets of 20 trucks with photos: 240 truck color cards
- 12 sets of 20 different houses for each color for matching: 240 houses
- Sorting color truck cards and the color house cards are large enough to use in the pocket chart. (The background of the color houses is different than the background used in the resource, Delivery of Trucks to House Mats.
red, blue, yellow, green, orange, purple, brown, black, white, pink, gray, teal (turquoise)
barn, beach house, brick house, bouncy house, castle tower, dog house, fancy design house, gnome house, haunted house, hermit crab in shell house, igloo, lighthouse, little house, multicolored house, mouse house, RV camper, school house, tent. Other houses included on some colors: apartment, boat, cabin, castle, crazy shaped houses, hut, mansion, sand castle, spaceship, teepee, and trailer
alien, boys, cat, crab, dog, Eskimo, farmer pig, ghost, girls, gnomes, goat, graduation bee, knight, lizard, mouse, ninja, prince, smiley guy reading, smiley guy sitting, smiley guy waving, trolls, unicorn, urchin, Yeti
- Vocabulary: Students can sort truck cards into categories. Example of some: colors, words, animals, plants, flowers, food, and vehicles.
- English Language Learners and Special Education students will be able to use the truck color cards in a fun engaging way to learn their colors and practice vocabulary.
- Find the House Game: Students can look for a color house or color character to deliver their trucks. Example: find the red crab that is next to the house on the beach.
- Home Schooling and Family Interaction
- Morning Activity: As students arrive have them deliver the color truck to a matching house container
- Speech and Language: students can describe both the picture on the color truck plus describe the house and character in the pictures.
Time Span for Teaching: Due to differentiation, this resource can be used throughout the year as the young learner learns the various colors. Extra colors are included, not just the eight basic colors.
Special Delivery Trucks to Houses: Pocket Chart and Container Sorting Centers and Games is a part of a Color Recognition Bundle using a theme of Delivery Trucks. All photos in this bundle of resources are not repeated on trucks in the other bundle resources.
Check out the preview!
Resources included in the Color Truck Bundle:
- Convoy of Color Trucks
- Delivery Trucks to House Mats
- Special Delivery Trucks to Houses: Pocket Chart and Container Centers and Activities
Please Follow my store: Mickey’s Place to see all my other resources.
Other color resources are:
• Color Sort: Autumn
• March Color Sort
• Ocean Animals Color and Vocabulary Sorts
• Christmas Color and Vocabulary Sort