Updated January 2016 to include more staff members!
This product is a class social skills activity to make & deliver cards to your school staff. It is aligned to 14 ABLLS-R objectives.
Although this may look like a typical Valentine card making activity, it is actually so much more. This packet provides everything you need to win the hearts of your school support staff and address at least 14 ABLLS-R objectives, some not easily addressed in discrete trial or small group classroom instruction.
Here is what you can do:
1. Print the directions and valentine cards.
2. Select the cards of people who are important to your students within the school.
3. Address generic cards to anyone not included with personalized cards.
4. Each student can color one or more cards.
5. All students can sign the back of each card or you can write From Ms. So-and-so's class.
6. Set out to deliver the cards around the school reminding students who they are going to see, where they are located, how to greet and respond to greetings, and any other expectations you may have.
+6 generic cards
Aligned to 14 ABLLS-R Objectives
C27 Follows instructions to go to a person
C28 Follows an instruction to give an item to a person or place an item on an object
C29 Follows an instruction to walk to someone and get a named item
C30 Follows an instruction to go to a person and do an action
G3 Student will label common people in his environment
L5 Looks at others to start a social interaction
L6 Will approach and attempt to physically engage others in interactions even when the other person does not have a reinforcing item
L8 Follow simple known directions provided by another individual
L10 Return greetings from others
L17 Make appropriate eye contact when interacting with others
L21 Appropriately initiate greeting to others
L31 Wait for a break in an on-going conversation before attempting to speak with one of the people involved in the conversation
L32 Converse with adults and peers for up to three exchanges
P3 Use skills acquired in training situations in other situations
If you have a staff member you would like included, please email me and I will update this product. Together we can make it better for everyone!
Keywords: Valentine's Day, cards, craft, ABLLS-R, autism, language delay, support staff, language development, social skills, generalization, conversation, receptive language, labeling, The Deane's List