Calendar tasks for children with autism or special needs sometimes need to be adapted. These students may benefit from work that is more hands on and visual. These materials could be used to make a modified circle time/morning time binder for your student to work on during calendar activities. Many of these activities are accessible by students who are nonverbal or with low level writing abilities.
This packet includes:
- Velcro Calendar with base and numbers/months pieces
- Identifying day and month page with velcro pieces
- Match months (blank template included for ordering)
- Match days (blank template included for ordering)
- Match days (color coded)
- Match days and months words
- Identify today, yesterday, tomorrow binder page
- Identify today, yesterday, tomorrow wall page
- Calendar fill in page - easy
- Calendar fill in page - medium (Includes space for a daily sentence - either to correct or copy).
- Calendar fill in page (2 sides) - hard (Includes space for daily sentence, daily questions, journal, and a word sort.)
- Calendar Page (circle options)
- Calendar Facts
- Sorting by Season
- Sorting Days and Months
- Special Events Countdown
Total: 12 velcro pages (with all pieces and 4 pages with several levels of difficulty), 7 fill in pages, and 1 visual for your circle time wall.
Check out more calendar resources: Visual Calendar Worksheets
This resource will go great with:
School Vocabulary Unit
for more resources, tips, and materials to help you help childen with autism please visit The Autism Helper