SPECIAL EDUCATION : RESOURCE TEACHER PLANNER AND ORGANIZER
I don’t know what I love most about this Special Education Resource Teacher Planner? Is it the choice of elegant covers? Or the pages to take notes on IEP meetings? Maybe the simple parent contact form? I am so excited about all of it- I just can’t decide.
THE SECRETS OUT
Ok, I’ll be honest. I didn’t make this resource to sell. I made it for myself. I know- selfish right! I have tons of binders in my store, I love and use them all… however last school year, I found myself stuffing a bunch of forms in a binder that I didn’t need. I ended up carrying a thick heavy binder around and then struggled to stay organized. I kept looking for my IEP notes, my daily calendar, my parent contacts… ugg… it was a hot mess! I needed a way to simplify my life as a Special Education Resource teacher. I looked at all of the ones already on TPT and they just weren’t meeting my needs. I don’t need all the bells and whistles that a regular education teacher might need. So I made exactly what I needed and am so excited to share it with you.
WHY ISN’T EVERYTHING IN THIS PLANNER EDITABLE?
Frankly, it just doesn’t need to be…
The purpose of this planner is to have it put together and have it ready before day one of school. It is meant to be real and usable. I don’t know about you, but I use pencil on my daily planner, my grade book, and definitely my ever changing parent contact page. These are not items that I type up and want neat and perfect. I want it in hand and ready to utilize every moment of my day.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THIS 71 PAGE CUSTOMIZABLE PRODUCT?
• (9pgs.) 3 choices of elegant colored Editable covers/ backs/ spines in 3 sizes 1” 1.5” 2.0” (PDF / PowerPoint)
• (9pgs.) Printable Grade book for quarters 1-4 (PDF)
• (25pgs.) Planner August 2017-July 2018 Colored (PDF)
• (4 pgs.) Related Services Student Schedules- OT, PT, SPL, Counsel. Colored and BW (PDF)
• (1pg.) Student Weekly Schedule- colored and BW (PDF)
• (5pgs.) IEP meeting notes – Editable (PDF / PowerPoint)
• (10pgs.) Important IEP Dates to Know- Editable (PDF / PowerPoint)
• (1pg.) Parent Contact (PDF)
• (1pg.) Important Contacts (PDF)
• (4pgs.) Teacher Logins/ Student Passwords colored/black white (PDF)
• (3pgs.) Staff Notes Editable (PDF / PowerPoint)
• (2pgs.) To Do List colored / black white (PDF)
• (3pgs.) Planner Tabs Editable (PDF / PowerPoint)
• (2pgs.) Student Birthday form colored or black white Editable (PDF / PowerPoint)
PICTURES INCLUDED IN THE PREVIEW
I highly recommend you check out my preview. I have pictures of how I customized and organized my planner to meet my individual needs. I spiral bound the planner and it is ready to go. Just saying that gives me goosebumps!! You can spiral bind yours or organize it in a binder (I still love binders… I am just trying out the spiral thing this year). I have included editable spines in 1” 1.5” 2.0” for those of you who will be organizing yours in a binder.
In order for the background graphics to fully print, you need to make sure that you do not have ‘Hide Background Graphics’ box checked. To do this – follow these directions:
1. Go to DESIGN.
2. Click on BACKGROUND STYLES
3. Click on FORMAT BACKGROUND
4. UNCHECK the box that says ‘HIDE BACKGROUND GRAPHICS’.
I included all the forms in separate file folders. This isn’t a Click and Print the whole kit and caboodle type of resource. You are going to want to print only the pages you need and print the amount that you need. Pay attention to how you want the layout of your planner. I wanted my monthly calendar to face each other for easy planning. Think about this before you are quick to hit that print button. I wanted my pages double sided, but again… it’s up to you on how you want yours organized. Also, I use card stock to separate my sections. I staple the tabs on to the card stock. All of this is explained in the preview.