Special Education Teacher Checklist to Organize the Start of Your School Year
Created by Mary Winder
This checklist is just what a special education teacher needs to start off the school year in prepared and organized fashion. This list is especially created for middle school and high school teachers, but teachers of all ages would find useful information in it. It includes a list of over 40 tasks to:
• introduce yourself to parents
• plan for students
• prepare your classroom
• organize your paperwork and bookkeeping duties
• get a jump-start on organizing your school year
• begin planning for upcoming IEP meetings
• communicate with the para-educators who will be assisting you
• fulfill your duties as a special education teacher
• begin successful collaboration with regular education teachers
• and more.
Note: If you would like a more detailed back-to-school checklist, along with many, many other tips and techniques for successfully navigating the sometimes choppy seas of special education, please consider the packet I offer for sale entitled "Special Education Teacher Tips for Organization, Communication, and Smooth Sailing."