Are you looking for a simple, engaging way to provide visual supports for students learning deep breathing? Do you have students who need help with sensory or emotional regulation? Are you an occupational therapist looking for easy-to-implement strategies to share with teachers?
These Special Interest Breathing Posters are a simple way for students to practice deep breathing with visual and tactile supports.
Who is it for?
- Students struggling with sensory regulation
- Students working with autism, sensory processing disorder, or related needs
- Students struggling with emotional regulation
- Students with behavior concerns that may be regulation-related
- Students who experience anxiety
- : all posters include a color and black & white version, set-up tips, FAQ, implementation steps, differentiation ideas for accommodating and extending, and reminders for staff.
- : related research included
- : using PCS from Mayer Johnson (used with permission)
- : visual and tactile supports help students remain engaged
- : I have developed and used these activities over many years of teaching in a special education classroom
What's Included? (see preview for details):
- Breathing Posters in color and black & white
- Special Interests include: unicorns, super heroes, trains, racecars, ocean, and roller coasters
- Tracking icons in color and black & white
- Two sizes for individual and whole group implementation
- Set-Up Instructions
- Implementation Steps
- Differentiation Tips for Accommodating and Extending implementation to meet student needs
© Miss Allison's SpEd Spot
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to only single classroom use only. If you would like to share this with a friend or colleague, please ask them to visit my store and download the file directly.
Earn TPT credits for leaving feedback!
Leaving feedback helps me develop activities and tools that my followers need and also allows you to earn credits which you can use on future purchases.